Monday, February 16, 2015

Weekending

Happy Monday Friends!!  I hope you had a great weekend.  We had so much fun so I wanted to take time this morning to document all the moments that made for a great Valentine's Day weekend.

We went out for a family date night dinner and Olive couldn't be troubled to stop her coloring to take a picture with me.  She takes her art work very seriously - haha.  Olive mingled with everyone around us, ate really well and we all had a fun time.  She's getting so big and she colored without eating ANY crayons :)

I made brownies for us this weekend and topped them with holiday m&ms.  We love the Triple Chunk brownies from a box and I never make homemade ones.  They were delicious all weekend long.

 Olive wore her tutu as much as possible and loved it.
She was very into all the frills of Valentine's Day.

 I had good intentions to wake up early on Saturday to make pink heart shaped pancakes, but that didn't happen.  I improvised with what we had and had a HEARTY breakfast.  Olive was thrilled.  Also Olive was impatient and climbed up on the table to wait for her breakfast.

 We gave Olive her Valentine's gifts and she loved them.
The stickers, the jewelry, the mini chocolate chip cookies and tiny toys.

 Daniel Tiger is her favorite.

 Kevin planned our Saturday:
*long walk since it was nearly 70 degrees out
*grab some coffee
*head to TJ Maxx
(where he told me to go shop on my own and pick out a few things for myself!!  We walked in the store and he sent me away to the "girly sections" and he took Olive.  I browsed, tried things on and had a great time.)
*stroll around Sams & have some sample appetizers
*pick up pizza for dinner and watch DVRd tv

We made and wrote our Valentine's Day thank you notes.
Someone got a little sticker happy.

We watched Frozen for the first time and loved it.
Olive enjoyed all the songs.

We wrapped up the weekend by playing outside, going to our couples Bible Study group and grilling out.  This was one of my favorite weekends in a while!!

What was the best part about your weekend??


8 comments:

  1. Y'all really did have a great weekend! Olive is just so dang cute! Every time I see pictures of her a part of me wishes I had a little girl and not this mean ol boy. :) My favorite part of this weekend was our family supper. It was the whole family and my mom cooked pork chops, cabbage, pinto beans, corn bread, and mac and cheese. It is always fun having a great meal with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like such a lovely, relaxing weekend!! Love some fun family memory making time :) And we have yet to watch Frozen. I was wondering if it would go over Elizabeth's head, but if Olive loved it, I know Elizabeth will! And are those Daniel Tiger toys? Cute!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable is she :) Hope you guys had a great weekend Happy Monday!!! I found your link on the link up Chelsea @ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Olive looks so cute opening all her toys! Your Valentine's Day sounds amazing, I'd love to have Corey take me on a mini shopping spree to TJ Maxx!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shopping by yourself! What a luxury! Sounds like you all had a lovely weekend - thanks for sharing the adorable Olive with us. :) She's such a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! I love Olive's heart sunglasses! Too cute. "Frozen" is a cute movie for the little ones. Don't ask my boyfriend though, hehe. That was the movie we saw on our first date haha. :) And you got to pick out stuff at TJ Maxx! What a nice gesture of Kevin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. how fun!! we watched frozen for the first time when addi was sick a few weeks ago and she asks for let it go a million times a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you all had a wonderful weekend! I'm jealous of the 70 degree temps. And that picture of you and Olive is just perfect! Your hair looks fabulous in it:)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.