Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Secret Email?

 Hey, You!  We want to be friends with you!!
But there's one little problem -
Is your email address a secret??

I am always surprised by how hard it can be to find blogger's contact information.

It's refreshing when you find a blogger and all of their contact information (insta, facebook, bloglovin, pinterest, twitter) is up to date so you can immediately start following along.

I also keep running into this problem of no reply bloggers.  Many of my bloggy friends have expressed similar sentiments so I figured I'd contribute my own little PSA today.  

I always respond to comments via email so if you have never heard back from me, you likely are a no reply blogger.  If I have time, I'll try to track down a blogger's email address to respond to their comment.  I'll follow the link to their blog and search high and low.  I've even left a comment before on bloggers posts asking for their email address so I can respond.  That takes a lot of work so let's make a deal and just publicize your email address.  Okay? :)

So my advice for you is to
MAKE IT EASY FOR YOUR READERS TO CONTACT YOU


1. List your email address on your contact page, about me page or on your sidebar. 

2. Don't be a no reply blogger - if you don't hear back from many bloggers or feel like your comments are frequently ignored, leave a comment on your own blog post and see if your email address comes up as noreply-blogger@blogger.com.  If you are a NRP, never fear you can go over to The Mrs. & Co for a tutorial to fix it

3.  If you are on social media - share your usernames with your readers. I came across a blogger who was referencing her insta account, but I could not find her username anywhere on her blog.

4. Leave your email address at the end of your comment if you are worried about being hard to contact.

I just updated my Contact and Meet Whitney pages
so it's completely accurate, current and ready for people to get to know me.

3 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more. My other pet peeve is when bloggers don't have a "follow me on Bloglovin" button on their sidebar. I love following new blogs but I appreciate when they make it easy for me to do so! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I'm a no-reply blogger, but I can't switch it back. I even tried deactivating Google + (which is what screwed everything up in the first place). It's annoying for me, as well as the Blogger blogs I comment on.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.