Thursday, February 26, 2015

Must Travel to... List

 
{Key West 2011}
I've been bit by the travel bug!!  Kevin and I have been finalizing some upcoming travel plans with family and friends lately and I've got traveling on the mind.  I find myself replaying highlight reels in my head of great trips we've taken and sights we've seen over the years.  

I'm anxious to add some more spots to that list this year.  We've always made it a priority to explore the areas of the country where we live and living in the South has brought us some new opportunities.  We have friends scattered all over the country now so I think it would be a blast to make plans to meet up with friends all over.

Must Travel to...
1. Washington DC during the Cherry Blossom Festival so I can see the monuments as well as have some lovely photos taken by those pink, puffy trees.

2. New Orleans - only a four hour road trip for us that we're hoping to take this Spring

3.  Explore some new spots in Mississippi - Oxford, Vicksburg, the coast - just to name a few.

4. West Coast - we have friends in San Diego and Washington so I think it would be fun to plan a trip around a visit.  I loved San Francisco

5. I'd like to take a road trip to an IKEA.  Rumor is that Memphis is getting one and Atlanta & Birmingham have them (I think...)

6. Tag along with Kevin to any conferences that are nearby MS - we are heading to Savannah with him in March and I'm excited to explore the city for the 2nd time with Olive along for the ride.

7. We live fairly close to Texas so I think we should plan a trip there at some point.  We know a few people scattered across the giant state so maybe our trip will involve visiting friends.

8. Head up to Notre Dame for a home game with our whole family.  Arrive early enough for walks around campus, tailgating and dinner in the dining hall.

9. Check some more National Parks off our list - Glacier, Yosemite, Yellowstone - Kevin wants to rent a motor home and do some exploring.  I think I could be on board with that plan as long as it didn't involve tents, sleeping outside and the motor home was clean & comfy.

10. We have friends that relocated to Iowa so it would be neat to visit them in their new city.  I've also thought it would be fun to meet them at Lake Okoboji because I've heard it's a darling little town.

11. Check out some little Harbor towns on the East coast - I can probably attribute this one to one to many Nicholas Sparks books :)  They do seem so sweet and charming.

12. Spend a few nights staying at my parent's place in Santa Claus, Indiana.  Go when we can spend the night and enjoy a weekend away.

13. Make our way to the beach regularly - Florida, Alabama, etc.

14. Take Olive to Disney in the Spring or Fall.  We went on our honeymoon at the end of July and it was SO HOT!  We carried umbrellas to shade ourselves from the sun.

I'd really love to visit every state.  What fun things does your state have to offer?
What are some places you hope to travel to?

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, NOLA has been on my list forever! I swear…one of these days we'll go, even if it's with our little peanut(s) in tow! Love this list :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great list! I want to go back to Notre Dame soon! And Holiday World..it's been a few years since I've been. And of course Disney...can't go wrong there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oregon is in between Washington and Cali and has an Ikea :)

    I have a serious desire to travel. I just want to load up my family, hop on a plane and explore. There are so many places I would love to see. Your list is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Atlanta has an Ikea. I don't know if y'all are into that sort of thing, but there are tons of Civil War reenactments all over the South. The hubs and I love battlefields and forts, and there are a ton in the Savannah area.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm dying to shop Ikea too. It's been a couple years since I visited the one in Charlotte. The Ikea in Atlanta isn't too far from me either....hint, hint.... #thewhitneystakeikeabystorm

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travel wish lists are so fun! :) I live in Iowa, about a 3 hour drive from Lake Okoboji. I've made weekend road trips there nearly every summer since I was a little girl. It would be a fun spot to meet up with your friends who are near that area! ... Love the snapshot of you and your hubby! It makes me wish I were somewhere warmer at the moment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the list! So many great places. I definitely road trip to an Ikea 2 hours away in Charlotte! It's kind of fun to do a little road trip :) And I'm dying to take Elizabeth to Disney!! (Really, she's just my excuse to go.. I love Disney!)

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.