Monday, February 9, 2015

Best Baby Monitor

We purchased our first video baby monitor back in November and promised to give a full review of it down the road.  Well, I feel like I've had it long enough to say that we REALLY REALLY love it!!  We went the first 16 months or so of Olive's life only using a sound monitor.  A co-worker had given it to me for FREE and we lived in a small enough place that it worked great for us.  Once Olive started getting mobile and being pretty busy, I felt like it was time to peek in on her to see what she was up to when she was in her crib.

I LOVE being able to see that she's sleeping soundly, to check on her when I hear her coughing and to make sure that she's not needing my attention.  If I entered her bedroom to check on her, I usually ended up just waking her up so the monitor allows me to keep an eye on her without disturbing her sleep process.  It's wonderful.

My husband found this monitor and he selected it for the price, the amount of positive reviews and the features it was able to give us.  I had done some researching, but was happy to turn over the final decision to him.  We ended up buying the:
Infant Optics DXR-5 Digital Video Baby Monitor with Night Vision
via Amazon
PROS:
Great, clear picture in a very dark room
wall mount option
Easy to set up
Good sound quality
very affordable - under $100
you can hook up to 4 cameras up to the system

CONS:
battery life of the parent monitor isn't super long - it does start to beep when the battery is low so we make sure to charge it in between uses.  I have the charger next to my side of the bed and charge it overnight.

The monitor has 4,000+ reviews on Amazon and is a #1 best seller.  We have been really happy with it and feel like we got a great deal for the money we spent.  I would not hesitate to recommend this monitor to a friend.  Let me know if you have any specific questions :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted this. Whenever we have more kids, we do want a monitor that would hook up multiple cameras - but we also need a different one in Olivia's room, at least whenever she's out of her crib (our current one can only show the crib, it cant zoom out any more). I'm so glad to know about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Choosing a baby monitor can be very confusing; do you go with an audio? Or, audio video? Does it have split screen? is it two way? Can you view it from your tablet or phone? What is the range distance? Is 600 feet enough? Can you add on additional cameras? Is the display colour? Is it LCD? Does it come with a stand? Can you zoom with it? Baby Ride Safe has a variety of top notch baby monitor that you can choose from to monitor one or more children. These baby items are cost effective, high technology and are great as baby gifts or to put on your baby registry.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.