Monday, February 2, 2015

1st Blogger Meet Up

I have always wanted to go to a blogger meet up.  I see girls on instagram having a blast at their local ones and had always hoped I'd have the opportunity to go.  I participated in Arkansas Women bloggers last year and was excited to join the Mississippi Women Bloggers this year.  One of my goals for 2015 was to do more with my blog so I knew this would be a great opportunity.

They hosted a local meet up at our Whole Foods Cafe last Saturday.  The stars aligned because it was on the weekend, when Kevin would be home to watch Olive, it was in my neighborhood and we had no plans.  I eagerly RSVP'd YES and then got a little nervous about going.

I knew no one that was going.
I would have to go alone.
I had never been to a blogger event
and it was out of my comfort zone.

But, I said YES to going and so I was going to follow through. 

I don't have business card, but didn't want to show up empty handed having to spell out my blog and usernames to people.  So I improvised and DIY'd some business cards for myself.  They matched my brand and were handwritten so it worked out just fine.

I showed up on Saturday afternoon and met a room full of the nicest ladies. 

All bloggers, all living in Mississippi and all ready to talk blogs.

It was wonderful.  

 
We had a great time and learned a lot.  We talked blog traffic, link ups, post ideas, schedules and all things bloggy related.  It was fun to be in a room full of other bloggers who spoke the same language.  We could completely relate and the conversations flowed freely.  We had snacks and did some fun goal setting for the year.  It was definitely an inspiring meet up and I'm excited to get to know these ladies better and look forward to attending regular meet ups with them. I walked away with a BIG smile on my face, some pep in my step and a renewed motivation for blogging.  What more could you ask for??

Do you ever attend blog conferences or meet ups in your area??
I'd love to hear about your favorite conferences and tips for meet ups because I'd love to do more of that in the future.

7 comments:

  1. Oh I see Kelly Mayfield in that picture. I know her! She is just so sweet! I'm so glad you went and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO glad you came and that we got to meet! Can't wait to see where this takes us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Olive is one of my dream baby names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a blast! I'll have to do some research about some Indiana ones

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to do this! Sounds like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw yay, I'm so glad it went well! I felt the same way when I was invited to an event Hometalk was hosting a couple hours away from me for bloggers, I went without knowing anyone and it was definitely out of my comfort zone, but so worth it! Looks like y'all had a great time, and you can't go wrong with Whole Foods. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you!! Thanks for taking the time to leave sweet comments; I enjoy reading every one of them.